I realised yesterday that I posted the wrong stages in my blog! So below is an updated version of the route we’re taking.
Gerry (who usually edits my blogs when I’m walking), said over our cup of tea this morning “… I did ask myself when it appeared in my inbox… how did that get past me?”
- Santiago do Cacém – Vale Seco
- Vale Seco – Cercal do Alentejo
- Cercal do Alentejo – Porto Covo
- Porto Covo – Vila Nova de Milfontes
- Vila Nova de Milfontes – Almograve
- Almograve – Zambujeira do Mar
- Zambujeira do Mar – Odeceixe
- Odeceixe – Aljezur
- Aljezur – Arrifana
- Arrifana – Carrapateira
- Carrapateira – Vila do Bispo
- Vila do Bispo – Cabo de S. Vicente
This route sees us starting on The Historic Way and moving across to The Fisherman’s way for a while and then they merge again near the end.
Also, if you’re thinking of visiting Lisbon, book your hotel ahead well in advance. We tried to book last night and had very, very restricted choice… it seems that everyone want to go to Lisbon… but then again it is rather special!